Internet Speed Test!
Let’s check your Internet Speed on any device & network.
Net speed is a powerful internet speed checker website, which helps you to check the speed of your internet connection. This tool determines the actual measurement of Ping in ms, Jitter in ms, Download in Mbps and Upload in Mbps of your internet. Slow internet speeds can put a damper on productivity, and they can be frustrating when streaming content or downloading large files. Internet speed test check is essential to check the internet speed on a regular basis. This helps you check for any internet speed issues and correct them by contacting the Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Find the server location & test speed
- Check upload speed & download Speed
- Calculate your Internet speed
- Get Latency Detail
- Test Internet on Desktop and Mobile
Why You Need Free Internet Speed Check?
knowing your net speed is important if you use the internet for entertainment, work, or communicating with family and friends. The speed test website lets you measure your internet speed and identify any connection issues that might be slowing you down.
Slow internet speeds can have a severely negative impact on our time spent connecting with friends and receiving work done. That’s why it’s important to check our net connection speed and take the necessary steps to get it up to snuff – the faster internet speeds, the more we’ll enjoy while streaming videos.
What is the Download Speed, Upload Speed, and Ping?
- Download Speed – The speed at which you can download data from the Internet is known as the internet connectivity speed. This speed is usually shown in Megabytes per second (MB/S or Mbps). The higher the download speed, the better your web browsing, gaming, and streaming will be.
- Upload Speed – It’s nothing but the speed at which your internet connection is able to upload or send a file from your computer to the server. Upload speed is usually shown in Mbps or MB/S. The upload speed should be decent for normal users. But the heavy users who have the job of uploading content on the servers, like IT employees or YouTubers, need an internet connection with a Higher Upload speed.
- Ping – This term is used to indicating the response time of your internet connection. It’s the time in which your internet made a connection with the webserver. Having the lowest Ping is highly essential, as it will help you load the sites instantaneously. For regular usage, having a Ping of 40-60ms is good. But for online gaming, you need a Ping of less than 25ms.
- Latency – Latency is how long it takes for a computer to respond to a network packet or information from the internet. Also known as ping times, they are measured in milliseconds, one-thousandth(1/1000th) of a second.
- Jitter – A jitter value is the actual amount of time between packets traveling through the internet, and it is measured in milliseconds (ms). As you may know, packets are the bits of data that make up your internet connection.
How Does this Network Speed Test Work?
The Network speed test takes nearly 30-40 seconds to complete. In this test, a sample file will be sent to and from our server to your computer. The time to send and receive the file is calculated, and that’s how you get to know about the internet speed. Also, the connection time between your system and our server is calculated precisely, providing you with the Ping, which is measured in “ms” or milliseconds. The internet speed is displayed in Mbps or Mega Bit per Second.
What’s the ideal Internet Speed?
With our internet speed test tool, you can check your net speed easily. Having a certain internet speed will help you achieve a few tasks with ease.
- 5-10 Mbps: With 5-10 Mbps internet speed, you can easily watch high-quality Youtube videos in 720p resolution. This is enough for streaming content (low resolution), music streaming, making video calls, and surfing the internet. This is the average internet speed in most developing countries.
- 10-50 Mbps: With 10-50 Mbps speed, you can get an effortless load of 1080P full HD videos on your computer. Not just that, doing everyday tasks like browsing, listening to music, watching movies, and many other things is effortless. Not just that, you can easily transfer large files to and from the server. It’s the ideal speed for most households and even small offices.
- 50-100+ Mbps: 50-100+ Mbps is considered high-speed internet. It’s the common speed in most developed countries. This speed is good enough for multiplayer online gaming, 4K video streaming, and video conferencing. If you have multiple people using the same internet connection, then this speed will be sufficient for your requirements.
Below are the famous speed test tools in the world:
What to Do If Your Internet Connection Speed Is Slow?
There are multiple reasons behind the slow internet speeds. When the internet speed check shows a slow speed than promised internet speed from your Internet service provider, you should immediately perform a few steps to improve the speed.
- First of all, your should switch to the Ethernet connection instead of using the Wireless connection. The Wireless WiFi connection tends to reduce the overall speed by fractions if there are any physical disturbances in the network reception. So, plugging the ethernet cable directly into the laptop or computer is essential.
- If that doesn’t work for you, then you should open the Task Manager in Windows and stop all the programs consuming excessive Bandwidth. There are a lot of background services on the computer, which consumes internet bandwidth, causing slow internet speed for browsing or anything you are willing to do.
- Restart the router provided to you by your Internet service. At times, the router gets overheated and decreases your Internet speed. If you perform a network speed test and find a slow speed, you need to immediately restart the router. Give it a rest for at least a few minutes and then restart it.
- If you encounter still slow Internet speed, get in touch with your ISP. It must be possible that troubles are occurring at your ISP causing this slowdown. That s why you should call the ISP (internet service provider).
How to Increase our Internet’s Download and Upload Speed?
The internet is an integral part of our life. We can email our friends, buy things online, watch TV, and download music without going anywhere as long as we have a good internet connection.
But how to actually increase our Internet connection speed? To take all advantage of our ISP providers. And What can you do if the speed has become slower day by day? For that, you need to take some instant action to boost your internet speed. Have a look.
- The first thing which is mandatory to perform is an internet speed test of your ISP provider.
- Because it informs you about what’s the actual problem in our connection by showing detailed results about our ping. latency, jitter, and server location info as well.
- If all is ok, and still you’re facing a slow internet problem, apply the below changes.
- Shut down your system and restart the router.
- You can also try to change the position of your router.
- Upgrade your broadband plans.
- And also, adjust your router setting at best by following their user manual.
Or, If you were using a wired connection, then upgrade your cables and always try to connect with an Ethernet cable. It really boosts up the internet speed as compared to Wi-Fi routers.
Why is Internet Speed going Slower?
Internet users often complain about the current quality of the internet. Why does this seem to be occurring? There are many reasons why our internet connection may be experiencing setbacks, and them’s important for us to think about them.
- The basic reason that we found is that multiple devices connected with one router/modem drastically decrease the internet speed.
- So, connect with the more limited device as possible to enjoy the highest speed as the company promises.
- Also, nowadays, many apps allow setting to run the background task, which consumes a lot of data in the background.
- So, close them first via task manager, and surprisingly you’ll see the internet speed becomes extremely faster.
- Use any good antivirus protection which stops unwanted activities.
Sometimes there are even slow internet problems because we consume all our bandwidth; That said, the same telecommunication companies reduce your delivery speed by half. So, Come to this tool page and check whether you use all the data provided and cross the limit or not.
Why does good internet speed be important?
Thanks to high-speed Internet access, we can enjoy a luxurious life in the modern age. Below are the important reasons why we need good internet speed:
- Faster Browsing: Good internet speed enables faster page loading and efficient internet navigation.
- Better Video Quality: High-quality video streaming requires good internet speed to ensure smooth playback.
- Improved Online Gaming: Online gaming relies on fast internet speed for a seamless and uninterrupted gaming experience.
- Faster Downloads: Good internet speed makes downloading files, music, or videos faster and more efficient.
- Enhanced Productivity: Good internet speed is essential for remote workers to work efficiently and complete tasks more quickly.
- Improved Video Conferencing: Good internet speed is crucial for high-quality video conferencing and virtual meetings.
Netspeed tool website (https://netspeed.cc) has become a valuable tool for users in measuring their internet connection speed and in deciding how best to use their bandwidth. Simple, efficient and user-friendly. The speed results of the internet tests is easy to read and understand. Netspeed.cc provides helpful information about fiber broadband internet speed and tips on how to fix slow internet connections.